Design Home for the NSF ERC
Education in Biomedical Engineering Design will be impacted by
improvements in technology and by close scrutiny and improvement of the mode and content
of instruction and learning methods in the field.
- Development of a web-based resource for the capture and archiving of undergraduate
student design projects in Biomedical Engineering.
- Development of a web-based resource for capture and dissemination of case studies for
use in instruction outside of design.
- Development of a library for design instruction, consisting of recorded lectures,
PowerPoint presentations, course outlines, electronic texts, etc.
- Dissemination of studies relevant to taxonomic analysis of design instruction at
Vanderbilt, Northwestern, and co-operating institutions.
- Development of a site for collection of and dissemination of design projects from
industry, academia, and entrepreneurs.
- Development of inter-institutional and interdisciplinary design efforts and
- Development of improved methods for design instruction.
Click Here for a PowerPoint overview of this
effort, with a summary listing of the above goals