Intelligent Manufacturing Systems
The CIS is currently pursuing several research directions in the area of Intelligent and Advanced Manufacturing, such as Holonic Manufacturing and Remote Manufacturing Systems.
Vanderbilt University has also joined in May 1996 the Academic Coalition for the Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (A-CIMS). Dr. K. Kawamura serves on the Board of Directors of A-CIMS and as Chair of the A-CIMS Promotion and Communication Committee.
- Holonic Manufacturing
- Virtual Manufacturing Village
- Remote Manufacturing Systems
- Related CIS Publications
Links to related web sites
- IMS International web page
IMS: The international Intelligent Manufacturing Systems program
- HMS web page. Includes links to HMS partners and other IMS links
HMS: Holonic Manufacturing Systems (NCMS Holonics Server)
- Department of Energy (DOE) Plant
Twenty First Century Intelligent Manufacturing Systems and Services